IHC has around 6000 staff, and their roles include running computer courses, supporting people with intellectual disabilities to find jobs, working in local offices and supporting children with intellectual disabilities and their families.
IHC is made up of several arms. The services arms are IDEA Services Ltd and Timata Hou Ltd. The majority of IHC's 6000 staff work in IDEA Services directly with people with intellectual disabilities.
The organisation offers:
- opportunities to gain NZQA recognised qualifications
- comprehensive training aimed at developing skills and experience
- potential for career development
- positions of full-time, part-time, casual or relieving
Employee benefits insurance programme
We offer employees with more than two years service an employee benefits insurance programme at no cost to them. The programme includes life insurance, income protection and trauma insurance. This is a substantial benefit to employees who remain with us and reflects our commitment to them.
Commitment to health and safety
The health and safety of our staff and service users is a primary concern and critical to the success of our business.
Everyone who works for us is responsible for getting health and safety right.
IHC along with IDEA Services and Timata Hou is committed to four important goals:
- maintaining a positive health and safety work environment
- demonstrating compliance with the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, Regulations, Codes of Practice and in-house safe operating procedures
- ensuring specific health and safety management responsibilities are known at senior management level and performance is reviewed against these designated health and safety responsibilities
- working in partnership with employees to continuously improve and respond to changing needs and expectations.